Green Hotel Boothbay Harbor Maine
Solar Energy at the Boothbay Harbor Inn
Lafayette Hotels of Boothbay Harbor have partnered with local solar company ReVision Energy to install grid-tied photovoltaic solar energy arrays at the Boothbay Harbor Inn and Tugboat Inns through the GridSolar Boothbay pilot project.
In 2014, 152 panels at Boothbay Harbor Inn produced 53,640 kWh of zero-emission solar power. This array offset 28.43 tCO2(metric tons of carbon dioxide) emissions. The 80 panels at the Tugboat Inn produced 25,726 kWh of zero-emission solar power and offset 13.63 tCO2 emissions.
The total savings for the two properties in emissions is equivalent to*:
The Annual Greenhouse emissions of:
- 8.9 passenger vehicles
- 100,143 miles/year driven by an average passenger vehicle; and
- 15.1 tons of waste sent to the landfill.
CO2 emissions from:
- 4,733 gallons of gasoline consumed;
- 45,177 pounds of coal burned;
- 3.8 homes’ energy use for one year;
- 5.8 homes’ electricity use for one year;
- 97.8 barrels of oil consumed; and
- 1,753 propane cylinders used for home barbeques.
The amount of carbon sequestered by:
- 1,078 tree seedlings grown for 10 years; and
- 34.5 acres of U.S. forests in one year.
* Source: “Greenhouse Gas Equivalencies Calculator” on www.epa.gov.